Sunday 29 July 2012

"Wipe Away A Tear"

As I wipe away a tear,
a new one takes its place.
You have no idea I'm upset,
because in your skin I hide my face.

I hide the pain I've carried for years,
so as not to wear you down.
Because this giant storm that's inside of me.
overwhelms me until I've nearly drowned.

It consumes all of the joy,
I've tried to gather in my heart.
It lashes my mind with distress,
and it's wounds for years they smart.

I want you to have no part of it,
so I keep you far away.
From this awful daily feeling,
and there I make you stay.

I know all you want to do is help,
and you wish me all the luck.
To someday overcome,
this thought of being stuck.

In this dreary life,
of uncertain roads and choices.
Where people try to push you all ways,
and all day it's non stop voices.

I crawl back into your arms,
and hope to escape even for a little bit.
You cradle me like a crying child,
and all my tears you kiss.

"I want you and I need you,"
you whisper in my ears.
"Don't listen to your monsters,
pay no attention to their harsh words or sneers".

Just like that he lifts it,
the dark cloud I've been speaking about.
Even if the light lasts just for today,
he's given me a small way out.

But then there comes tomorrow,
and the sadness has come back.
This time I remember his strong words,
and the darkness I attack.


Written by Alyssa Danielle Irvine


No comments:

Post a Comment