Thursday 9 May 2013

A Poem To Patrick

I wish I could come to you,
wherever it is you are.
We'd dance throughout the mountains, 
we'd sing amongst the stars.

We would laugh with one another, 
like we use to do.
We'd talk our secret language,
and no one would have a clue. 

I'd fill you in on everything,
that's changed since you've been gone. 
For instance, how I finally bought that guitar,
and now all my poems are songs. 

I would tell you how much I've missed you, 
and how this last year's been hard. 
How you're sudden death shook me to the core,
and left me with new scars.

I would tell you how much I've wanted to hug you,
and how I've learned to hug others instead.
I'd tell you that because of what happened I'm finally living,
and inside I'm no longer dead. 

I guess this poem is meant to be a thank you,
because it was you that helped me see...
there are good, kind people in this world, 
and that one of them is me. 


Written by Alyssa Danielle Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment