Tuesday 16 July 2013


I'm not coming outside to play today.
I'll save that for a sunny day.
You broke my heart and that's the truth,
I think in my head as I tighten the noose.

I let you get deep inside,
and afterwards I was cast aside.
You laughed consistently at my pain,
and later reveled in your gain.

I always knew I wasn't good enough.
I never understood why.
I mean, I was there for you when you were happy,
and I stayed when you did nothing but cry.

I'm sorry I wasn't "smart", simple, normal,
ladylike or sweet.
I'm sorry my scattered emotions always kept you hopping,
and clinging to the edge of your car seat.

You could have just told me you had someone,
and yeah...I'd have freaked.
But do you know what it's like to WALK in and realize,
You've been replaced by someone so lovely and chic?

The only ones I trust are my dolls,
they're the things who have always treated me right.
I kiss their lined up heads and say as I jump,
"To all of you...





Goodnight.





Written By Alyssa Danielle Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment