Monday 16 September 2013

"Lying in a Field"

Lying in a field of all my aspirations,
I look to the sky and feel inspiration.
I know it's getting better, this game I play called life.
I know I can do anything I want, and fight for, and strive.

I think to the oceans,
where the creatures roam free.
Where my soul wants to go,
and live and be me.

I cry on a mountain,
and watch my tears fall back down to earth.
What is with this misfortune?
This nightmare, this curse?

My thoughts pour out like water,
so cold and so fresh.
I never thought I could be completely pulled together,
and at the same time such a mess.

Can I ever love another?
Can I let myself go loose?
To the idea of giving my all,
and not caring whether I win or lose?

I walk back home in the pitch black night,
and feel like I've been gone for a year.
I know eventually it'll all work itself out,
and I'll go forward now with no more fear.



Written By Alyssa Danielle Woodman

No comments:

Post a Comment