Thursday 5 July 2012

"Haunted" - (Poem)

I lie awake at night,
and cannot go to sleep.
I think about the past,
and all the memories that I keep.

Locked away day and night,
and kept secret in my books.
I think of all the times I've had,
and all the paths I've took.

I think about my loves,
my conquests, my fails.
Of the happier times,
stories for you I can regale.

I'm not sorry for most,
And I'm sorry for some.
I know it forever cannot be changed,
unwritten and undone.

But then I think why?
Why do I still care?
Why can't I just let go?
And from what I've learned, share?

Because it's still haunting me,
and most of it I feel.
It doesn't matter that these times don't exist anymore,
to me they are still real.

I write out these thoughts,
and my mind starts to quiet.
putting it down on paper helps some,
but real help I do need,
I won't deny it.

I know someday I'll have someone,
to free me from my demons.
To shake them lose from me,
and give me back my freedom.

But that day is not today,
and that night is not tonight.
So I'll lie awake, still with my thoughts,
and all of them I'll write.


Written by Alyssa Danielle Irvine



 







No comments:

Post a Comment